School Advisory Council
3rd Tuesday of Every Month @ 5:00 p.m.
Principal: Dr. Tiffany Scott
SAC Chair: Dr. Linda Martin Eubanks
EUSTIS HEIGHTS ELEMENTARY
School Advisory Council
- Regular SAC meetings will be held on the third Tuesday of every month at 5:00 p.m. as deemed necessary. Meetings will be advertised at the school site and in the local newspaper if possible. All meetings are to be open to the public in accordance with Chapter 286 of the Florida Statues. Emergency meetings will be called as necessary. Any staff member on the SAC will be invited to observe the meetings of the Council.
- An agenda will be prepared for each meeting. The agenda will be posted 2-4 days in advance of the meeting.
- Decision making by consensus will be encouraged. However, when a decision must be made and time does not permit the generation of consensus, a two-thirds majority of the members present will constitute a valid decision.
- Robert’s Rules of Order will be the accepted means for conducting each meeting.
- Composition and selection of the Council:
- Council members shall include the school principal and an appropriately balanced number of teachers, classified employees, parents, and business and community representatives. The majority of members must be persons who are not employed by the School District.
- Members shall be representative of the ethnic, racial, and economic community served by the Council.
- Elections for SAC members shall be held annually.
- Election procedures:
1. Teachers will be elected by teachers.
2. Classified employees will be elected by classified employees.
3. Parents will be elected by parents.
4. Business representatives and community members will be selected by the principal and submitted to the Council for election.
- The building Administrator shall serve as a permanent non-elected SAC member and shall appoint a representative of choice as the building Administrator’s designee.
- In the event a member of the SAC is unable to fulfill their duties, a new representative will be elected by their peer group to fill the remainder of the term following normal election procedures.
- All Council Representatives will be elected as per language of the negotiated contract between the School Board of Lake County and the Lake County Education Association.
- The SAC shall elect officers. The officers shall include Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, and Recording Secretary. Nominations for officers will be accepted at the April meeting and elections will be held in May.
- Amendments to the SAC Bylaws may be proposed by any SAC member. Ratification requires a two-thirds majority vote.
- The school shall be responsible for maintaining records in accordance with Article I, Section 24, and Article XII, Section 20 of the Florida Constitution.
- Duties of the SAC Officers:
The Chairperson shall:
1. conduct all meetings.
2. may delegate items to other SAC officers, representatives, or faculty at large.
3. represent the SAC at all required meetings.
4. stay informed of all required mandates, requirements, and timelines.
5. perform any additional tasks necessary to carry out the implementation of the School Improvement Plan and the responsibilities of the SAC.
The Vice-Chairperson shall:
1. conduct meetings in the absence of the chairperson.
2. be responsible for preparing and presenting any delegated items from the chairperson.
3. be responsible for overseeing the Action Plan, committee chairpersons, and shall have periodic meetings with them throughout the school year.
4. perform any additional tasks necessary to carry out the implementation of the School Improvement Plan and the responsibilities of the SAC.
- Recording Secretary
The Recording Secretary shall:
1. collect agenda items.
2. post agenda 7 days prior to meetings.
3. compose and send a press release to newspapers.
4. take minutes during meetings.
5. provide copies of previous month’s minutes for approval.
6. perform any additional tasks necessary to carry out the implementation of the School Improvement Plan and the responsibilities of the SAC.